Saturday, November 10, 2007

My First Post



"Winnie and Matthew" 14"x11" oil on canvas - nfs


This painting is one that I have previously done. It's of my mother-in-law and son. I love this painting and wanted to share it with you. I love painting portraits! I did, however, put aside painting portraits for awhile to paint a few small still lives for my friend's antique shop back east. I'll post a few of those later. I have just started a new portrait and I'm retouching another.
I love to retouch! Or should I say I never know when to stop.



4 comments:

Business Minus The Business Suit said...

Cheryl your work is always breath taking! I have some pictures from this summer in NY I will send you!!
Love always your favorite Nephew ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
This is a very touching and tender portrait. You have a really great eye for detail. Keep it up! Can't wait to see the one you're "touching up". : )

teej2 said...

i love the picture and the one of scott in the kayak

aunt winnie told me about your site and your art is wonderful

susie

teej2 said...

cheryl

wonderful picture and i love the one of scott in the kayak

aunt winnie told me to visit your site and your art is wonderful

susie