Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hybiscus


Tis' the season to shop and that is what I've been doing, along with the decorating. I haven't painted in a while but I'm slowly getting back into things now that I'm ready for the holiday. It's going to rain here tomorrow and I have a great rainy day planned, to paint, wrap gifts and write Christmas cards. I might even stay in my pj's!

This is a 6x8" painting that I thought I'd share with you. I'm still working on it and actually, as you can see by how crooked it is in the frame, I haven't glued it down yet. After viewing it on my blog there is still some work to be done. The color of the flower isn't as luminescent as I'd like it to be. And the leaves are a little (a lot) flat. When it's done I'm going to give it to one of my son's teachers at the end of his school year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture works really well with the faux bamboo frame. Very tropical.

Emm said...

Cheryl, I've been working on flowers as well. Posting it to your blog is one of the best ways to tell if you are done, or not:) It will be a gift to take her breath away!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Cheryl!