Thursday, February 7, 2008

"And The Cow Jumped Over The Clouds"


6x8" oil on canvas panel

I captured this shot during a summer storm on 4th Lake, Old Forge, NY (the Adirondacks). It's funny how we all see things differently. My daughter was the one who saw the cow, I on the other hand had a different interpretation. Hers was so much more obvious. I'm still tweeking it here and there. I think I need to add a little pink or yellow to the clouds to add some warmth. Yes? I haven't painted many clouds but LOVE them so I've been working on a few studies. I'll post more soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl,
This painting is beautiful! And once you mention the cow, it is so very obvious! If it were me, I would add a few touches of pink, not yellow, to warm up the clouds...but I bet you'll get people who would say yellow. I think it is all in your own personal preference. Whatever you do - even if you leave it alone - it is a wonderful painting!

Alvin Richard said...

Beautiful lighting, and monochromatic composition.

Anonymous said...

Nice! The darker values at the top and bottom really frame the brighter part of the sky to great effect.
More cloud paintings! Paint what you love.

Emm said...

I think painting white clouds is really hard but you have done a lovely job of it. Just beautiful!