Thursday, December 4, 2008

"Heroes" and company - Tag!

16"x12" oil on canvas (in progress)

I've been working on this one on and off for a while. This is from last year's devistating OC fires. I saw this photo and had to paint it. I have some adjusting to do with the figures.


My Bug being a bug.

I've been tagged byJoanne Giesbrecht, http://thistledown-arts.blogspot.com/
Oh, I think she took me off her list on her blog, my name isn't there anymore. Maybe I'm taking too long to do it? Well, I'll continue anyway.

I'm going to do this like artist, Peter Yesis,
http://dailypaintingpractice.blogspot.com/. He didn't tag anyone, just listed 7 things. The only reason I'm not tagging is it looks like everyone's been recently tagged.

1. I was born on my father's birthday (my husband was born on his mother's).

2. I met my husband on a blind date.

3. I have a canvas fettish. I can't walk into an art store without coming out with canvases. And yes, my art closet is full of all different sizes, like an art store.

4. I don't like driving to a place I've never been. I think it's a fear of getting lost. I've even made my husband take me to places the day before. It must be a past life thing.

5. I always have a song playing in my mind. I think in song. Sounds funny putting that one down. The songs change with my mood, experiences of the day, etc. I think my daughter has inherited that one.

6. I love thunderstorms and snowstorms. Maybe I should phrase it another way, I miss thunderstorms and snowstorms.

7. What else? Hmm...I'm a perfectionist, argh, did I want to admit that one? I'm trying to break my habit, really I am.

4 comments:

Emm said...

What a darling little bug! I was born on my dad's birthday also, another thing we have in common. I'm glad you got the link thing to work. Keep painting, the sunset below is gorgeous!

Cheryl McCarley said...

Thanks Emm! What a qwinkidink that we have the birthday thing in common!

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl,

No - you did not get removed from the list - you were tagged on my FIRST round of tagging. I got tagged 3 times in all - so you were still on the hook! :-) ( I promise not to tag you again this year - hehehe)

I agree with Emm - your cat is very sweet looking... I really like your latest painting - so interesting what can be achieved with so few colors. Looking forward to seeing how you refine this one. Have a great weekend!

Mamarazzi said...

that one of the firemen is spectacular!!! But then again - I am partial to firemen! :-) Fabulous!!