Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Curtis' Cottage"

6"x8" oil on canvas board

This is a little cottage on 4th Lake, Adirondacks that used to be owned by my husband's aunt Jean. After her passing a really nice family bought it and fixed it up. It has a pond view to the left as well as the lake view. It would have been nice to have purchased it but managing the little house living here in CA would have been impossible. We're so glad the Curtis' own and gave it TLC. This was another building practice, I tried to remain loose. I might tweak it a bit a more. This will be delivered to the Curtis' this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cottage I am very sure the Curtis family will love it as well. Great Love Mom

Cheryl McCarley said...

Thank you my anonymous mom!! It does actually look better in person.