Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Bird's Nest" finally completed?

12"x12" oil on canvas

I believe that this is finally completed. This photo doesn't give this painting justice, as the colors of the nest are richer with many different browns and the blue is actually more teal. I'm hoping to invest in a better camera this year, maybe that will help.

Like yourselves, I have many personal goals for this New Year. Top of my list is painting, painting and more painting. I hope to get myself out and about more with the possibility of selling some of these. I have a goal of having a showing in November at my house (I need to start somewhere). I'll be inviting my friends and neighbors to show them I'm not really a recluse. I notice that some of the blogs I follow mention they want to paint a certain amount of paintings within the year. I probably should have that kind of goal as well.
Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

r garriott said...

This is a gem of a painting-- love the shadow pattern from the nest, the artful eggs-- wow. Nice!

Do you have a photo editing software (such as Photoshop)? You might be amazed at how much you could get out of your current photos. I'd be gald to toss a few color editing tips out if you'd like.

Cheryl McCarley said...

Hi R,
Thanks for your wonderful comment. I think this was one of my most relaxing pieces I've painted.

Yes, your right about the photo editing software. I probably just need to read directions and use it. This is the first painting that the color was off. When I get my act together I would love some editing tips. Thaks so much.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Yep, if you have photoshop: Learn it!! You'd be surprised how FEW tricks it takes to make a photo perfect. I too LOVE this painting, Cheryl!

r garriott said...

Hi Cheryl,
Don't know if you're still interested, but I'm posting some photo editing tips here:
http://photoshop4artists.blogspot.com/