Saturday, January 31, 2009

Busy Painting!

I haven't posted in a while, but I have been very busy painting. Here's just a few that I've been working on. I have three more that I'll post soon.

5"x7" canvas panel - in progress

This was one of the paintings I had started during my last plein air workshop. It looked nothing like this. I took a picture and I've been working on it in the studio. I guess that's where I feel most comfortable. Not that I'm going to stop painting plein air. I'm more comfortable getting a color study vs. something finished. I have another painting that I liked that I've been working on as well. I'll post that soon.

8"x6" oil on canvas panel - "Grape Scott" in progress

Still working one grape at a time on this one. The grapes are starting to get that glow that I want to capture.



16"x12" oil on canvas - "Shadow Boxing" in progress

I still need to work on this one a bit more. I like how the leather is looking. The actual painting is much warmer than this photo.

No comments: