Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Few Small Paintings

8"x6" oil on canvas panel - "Grape Scott" in process

I thought I'd show a few small paintings I've been working on. The title of this piece, well, my husband's name is Scott and I couldn't think of anything else. The grain of the wood has been fun to paint. I'm daunted by the grapes. But, I'll take it one grape at a time...


8"x6" oil on canvas panel - "pearing up" in process

I love painting pears. It's been a while since I've painted them. I love the yellow-green pears with the soft red blending through the skin. It's always a fun challenge to capture the soft dots on the skin.


8"x6" oil on canvas panel - "Bug" in process

It was hard to capture a great photo of my 5 month old. He finally stopped moving to allow me to photograph him. I'm not sure if this will be the last painting of my little bugger. It's not the most creative pose. But, it's not a blurrrr like the other shots.

No comments: