Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Here's a few things I've been working on...

"Pink Peonies" 36"x24" oil on canvas - complete

My mom has been patiently waiting for this. I have to let it go. Sometimes it feels like it's not complete, in this case, but after leaving it alone, for a long time, it's done.


"The Brown Family Home" 16"x12" oil on canvas - complete

This was a commission piece that I literally had to paint in 3 days because it was an anniversary gift and I had to ship it to Atlanta. I did my best in that time frame. I wish I had had more time. They were happy with it and at the end of the day that's what you want to hear. Imagine that, it's not about me.


"Shui" 20"x20" oil on canvas - in progress

This is a commission of Shui a Chihuahua. I'm still working on her, the photo came out more blue than actual painting. I'll get a better pic when it's finished. I've been enjoying this dog portrait. This is my first larger piece since starting with animal portraits. The others I've painted have been 6x8, so this has been a blast. I'm enjoying animal portraits, I just wish I had a few more to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all your new posts. Love Mom

Mamarazzi said...

I love them all Cheryl! I really love peonies - and if I had pink in my house I'd have that one commissioned again. It's gorgeous!