Monday, October 26, 2009

San Francisco Weekend, Part 1

Left to Right: Charles (birthday boy), Don, Pete and P.K.



I had an amazing experience this past weekend. I painted a commission piece "Shui" (pronounced "shwee") for my friend P.K's friend Don's boyfriend for a birthday gift. There's so many details, but to make a long story short, I ended up going along with her to SF and met all her wonderful friends, who are now mine as well.

Don gave Charles a surprise birthday party and above are a few pictures of him opening the commission painting I did for him. Charles was so excited that I believe he became quite emotional over the piece, making me tear up as well. WOW, it overwhelms me that something I created/painted gave so much joy to someone! And that is why I paint...

No comments: